|International Program Committee Chair of ICO-25
|International Program Committee Chair of OWLS-16
||Gert von Bally
|Fundraising Committee Chair
- Optical Systems for Lithography, Novel Patterning Technologies, Extreme Ultraviolet Techniques, Photomask Technology, Inspection, Freeform Optics, Micro Optics, Thin Films, Optical Coatings, Damage Thresholds
- Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology, Additive Manufacturing, Rapid Prototyping, Laser Material Processing, Laser Cutting, Laser Welding, 3D Printing
- Optical Design, Optical Materials, Optics Simulation, Modeling, Diffractive Optics, Multispectral and Hyperspectral Imaging, Telescope Optics, Space Optical Systems, Adaptive Optics for Ground-Based Telescopes
- Industry 4.0, Lasers in Manufacturing, 3D Metrology for Machine Vision and Factory Automation, 3D PrintedOptics, Lithography for Nanoelectronics, Large Volume Optics, Green Photonics, Global Energy
- Quality Assessment of Imaging Processes and Displays, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Micro Display, OLED Displays, Advances in Optics of Backlit and Front-Illuminated Displays, Flexible Displays and Transparent Displays, Speckle Issues, Screen Technology, Holographic and Light-Field Displays, Three-Dimensional Display, Low-Cost Light Sources with High Luminous Flux, Infrared Technology, Hyperspectral Remote Sensing, Digital Cameras, Optics for Smart Phones, Consumer Optics, Solar Energy, Hybrid Optoelectronics, Organic Solar Films, Emissive Displays (LED, OLED), Blue Laser Diode, Lighting and Illumination, Laser Projection Techniques
- Perception, Light Measurement and Vision Systems, Novel Detectors, Reproduction of Material Appearance, Aberration Theory, Solar cell concentrator design
- Spatial Light Modulators, Deformable Mirrors, MEMS-based Mirror Matrix, Micro and Nano Actuators for Optical Devices, Tolerancing, Manufacturing
- Tunable Micro Optics, Adaptive Lenses, Optofluidics
- Free-Space Optical Components and Systems, Light Fidelity
- Time and Frequency Dissemination,Frequency-Comb Applications, Optical to Microwave Frequency Conversion
- Remote Sensing, Time, Frequency, Temperature, Distance and Velocity Metrology, Sensors for Harsh Environments, Atmospheric and Oceanic Light Propagation, LIDAR, Environmental Protection, ClimiateChange, Food and Water Monitoring, Monitoring Microplasticsin Marine Ecosystems
- Astronomical Instruments, Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory, Phased Array Techniques for Breakthrough Starshot, Laser Interferometer Space Antenna, Einstein Telescope
- Computational Image Processing, Structured Light, Scatterometry, Ellipsometry, Polarimetry, Metasurface Holograms, Speckle Metrology,
- Instrumentation for Flow Measurements, Turbulence Metrology, 3D-Particle Image Velocimetry, Non-Intrusive Sound and Combustion Diagnostics, Optics for a Sustainable World, Micro and Nano Fluidics, BioMEMS, Hydrogel Sensing, OptofluidicSensing, Laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS)
- Interferometry, Spectroscopy, 3D Camera Metrology, Cultural Heritage, In-Process Measurements, Traceability to SI Units, Confocal Sensing, Novel Lasers for Metrology, Phase Retrieval, Computational Shear Interferometry, Deflectometry, Quality Control of Aspheres, Fringe Analysis Methods, Optomechatronics, Machine Vision
- Programmable Photonics, Digital Optics,Optical Computing, Information Photonics,Volumetric Displays, Holographic Data Storage, LightfieldCamera, Integral Imaging,Single-Pixel Camera
- Unconventional Optical Imaging, Random-Phase Encryption, Propagation in Random Media, Mesoscopic Channels, Computational Adaptive Optics, Wavefront Shaping, Digital Optical Phase Conjugation, Cloaking
- Coherence and Statistical Optics, Fourier optics, Nanophotonic Information System, Computational Imaging Devices, Compressive Imaging, Ptychography
- Atom Optics,Matter Waves, Bose-Einstein Condensation, Slow Light, Quantum Simulation and Boson Sampling, Squeezed Light
- Nonlinear Photonics, Micro Solid-State Photonics, Nonlinear Materials and Structured Material,Wavelength Conversion and Frequency Mixing
- Quantum Technology, Entanglement, Schrödinger's Cat States, Single-Photon Qubit, Quantum Computer, Quantum Information Processing, Quantum Sensing, Quantum Cryptography, Quantum Teleportation, Ghost Imaging, Manipulation of Quantum Systems, Quantum Microscopy, AI-based Information Technique, Machine Learning, Neural Networks
- Single Photon Sources and Detectors, Cold Atoms and Trapped Ions,Quantum Dots and Vacancy Defects, Nanodiamonds, Optomechanics
- Ultrafast Lasers and Pulse Measurements, Nonlinear Frequency Conversion, Ultrafast THz Sources, Quantum Cascade Lasers, Pulse Shaping and Coherent Control, Ultrafast Nonlinear Optics, Supercontinuum Sources, Material Processing by Femtosecond-Lasers
- Ultrafast Plasmonics, Carrier Dynamics and Coherent Phonons, Ultrafast Nano-Optics, Femtochemistry and Femtobiology, Vibrational and Conformational Dynamics, Solvation Dynamics, Electro-Optical Sampling, Micro-Machining, Table-Top Attosecond Laser Systems, Zeptosecond-Scale Pulses, Spectral Phase Interferometry for Direct Electric-Field Reconstruction, Optical Oscilloscopes, Frequency-Resolved Optical Gating
- High Power and High Brightness Lasers, Petawatt Lasers, Laser Particle Acceleration for Cancer Therapy
- Laser-Plasma Interaction, Processing using High Power Lasers, Laser-Based Inertial Confinement Fusion, Super-Intense Lasers for Creation of Matter
- Optics for EUV, X-Rays, and Gamma-Rays, Microscopes, Telescopes, Interferometers
- New Sources for EUV, Optical Elements and Devices, Ultrafast X-Ray Holography, Quantum Optics with X-Rays
- Nearfield Opticsand Microscopy, Plasmonics, Metamaterials, Transformation Optics, Nanolasers, Metasurfaces, Photonic Topological Insulators, Topological Lasers
- Nanophotonics for Solar Energy, Surface Plasmon Resonance, Spin Wave Dynamics, On-Chip Electronic-Plasmonic Transducer, Characterization of Films, Nanofabrication, Nanoimaging, Nanosensing, Nanospectroscopy, Superlenses
- Photonic Crystals, Photonic Nanostructures, Spectroscopy of Small Molecules
- Photonic Nanowires, Nanomaterials, Nano Functional Devices, Nano Photonic Circuits,Photorefractive Crystals, Periodic Structures in Wavequides, Ferroelectric Systems, Integrated Nanophotonics
- Fiber Lasers and Amplifiers, Physics of Linear and Nonlinear Propagation in Fibers
- Design, Fabrication, Characterization of Fibers, Nanostructured Fibers, Optical Tapered Fibers
- Photonic Crystal Fibers, Multi-Core Fibers, Fiber Devices, Distributed Fiber Sensors
- Optical Telecommunication Systems and Related Technologies, Space Division Multiplexing
- Optical Encryption and Processing, Physical Layer Security, Fiber Distribution Hubs, Data Center Technology
- Free-Space Communication, Deep Space Communication, Optical Switching and Signal Processing Technologies, Optical Interconnection and Advanced Modulation, Node/Network Architecture, Control and Management
- Glass Fibers as Internet Backbone, Energy Efficient Silicon Photonics, Optical Sensors for Internet of Things (IoT)
- Semiconductor Lasers, VCSELs, Solid-State Lighting Devices, Organic Light-Emitting Devices, Environmental Photonics,Photovoltaic Devices
- Optical Amplifiers, Optical Modulators and Switches,Optical Waveguides, Light Controlling Devices, High-Speed Photodetectors
- Photonic Integrated Circuits, Photonic Integration, Guided-Wave Optics, Emerging Concepts in Silicon Photonics,Graphene–Silicon Modulators, Heterogeneous Integration
- THz MEMS, RF Photonics, Signal Generation, Signal Detection, Signal Control
- Communications, Sensing,Spectroscopy, Thermal Infrared Sensors
- Imaging, Related Integrated devices, Circuits and Systems
- Spectroscopy and Single Molecule Spectroscopy, Raman Microscopy,Hyperspectral and Multimodal Imaging, Diagnostics of Skin Cancer
- Advanced Imaging and Microscopy in Life Sciences: Superresolution Microscopy, Localization Techniques, Lattice Light Sheet Microscopy, Phase-Contrast Techniques, Quantitative Phase Imaging, Label-Free Biomedical Imaging, Vibrational Spectroscopy, Multimodal Biomedical Imaging, Photoacoustic Microscopy, Aberration Correction, Big Data Instrumentation, Deep Neural Networks
- Nonlinear Microscopy, Multiphoton Microscopy, CARS-Microscopy, Nonlinear Spectroscopy and Imaging
- Tomographic Imaging, Optical Coherence Tomography, Photoacoustic Methods,Diffuse Spectroscopy and Imaging,Optical Diffraction Tomography
- Clinical and Translational Biophotonics, Therapy, Brain Imaging, Tissue Optics, Tissue Engineering, Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology, Corneal Maps
- Optical Trapping, Optical Tweezers and Stretchers, Dynamic Methods for Characterizing Tissue Vibration, Biomechanics in Developmental Biology, Micro-Rheology Measurements, OCT-Based Elastography, Photoacoustics, Cell Biomechanics, Longitudinal Tension Measurement, Mechanochemical Self-Organization
- In Vivo Elastographyand Applications, Confocal Brillouin Microscopy, Spontaneous and Stimulated Brillouin Scattering for Three-Dimensional Mechanical Mapping
- Clinical Laser Applications, Lasers in Dentistry, Ophthalmic Technologies, Optical Biopsy/Real-Time Diagnosis, Photo Therapeutics, Laser Tissue/Cell Interactions, Photodynamic Diagnosis and Therapy, Oncology, Nephrology, Cardiovascular and Intravascular Applications, Cancer Imaging, Modeling of Light Propagation in Tissue, Flow Cytometry, Biotechnology
- Guiding Surgery and Biopsy, Ophthalmic Applications, Vision, Imaging and Applications, Laser Systems in Regenerative Medicine
- Light Delivery for In Vivo Applications, Minimal Invasive Monitoring and Stimulation, Endoscopic Imaging, Biomedical Micro-Optical Devices, μLED/OLED Array Based Devices
- New Components and Systems, X-Ray-Microscopy, Imaging, Tomography and Spectroscopy
- Tele-Medicine, Optical Sensors for Medical Diagnostics, Point-of-Care Diagnostics, Lighting for Health and Amenity, Photonic Diagnosis and Treatment of Infections and Inflammatory Diseases, Human Health Care, Optics and Photonics in Biomedicine of Developing Countries, Deep Learning in Image Processing for Cancer Classification, Superresolution Microscopy in Cancer Research, Optical Tweezers for Stem Cell Treatment, Femtosecond Lasers in Ophthalmic Surgery
- Neurophotonics, Optogeneticsand Manipulation of Cellular Systems, Instrumentation for Optogenetic Stimulation, Functional Imaging, Optically-Controlled Delivery and Gene Expression, Stem Cell Research, Optics and the Brain
- Nanosensing,Nanoparticles for Biophotonic Applications, Colloidal Nanoparticles, Reporters, Markers, Dyes, Nanoparticles, Plasmonics-Based Sensing, Molecular Probes, Agents and Labels, Targeting with Subcellular Resolution
|Awarding of Best Paper Prizes
||sponsored by OSA and SPIE
|Awarding of Best Poster Prizes
||sponsored by DGaO
Onsite access to all scientific and networking events will only be possible with your personal badge. All participants are requested to wear their name badge throughout the congress.
As in most countries of the European Union, the official currency is the Euro (€).
Please note that there are no general bank hours in Germany. Most banks are open in the morning hours and just a few hours in the afternoon or early evening.
Major credit cards are accepted at most cash points (ATM machines), stores, restaurants and hotels.
The electrical power supply in Germany is 220 V, 50 Hz, AC.
Official plugs in Germany are:
"Schukostecker" (round) Type F/ CEE 7/4
"Eurostecker" (flat) Type C/ CEE 7/16
All visitors are advised to have valid international insurance
An invitation letter for the purpose of obtaining a travel visa or permission to attend the meeting will be handed out on request after successful registration for the conference.
English is spoken by the staff of most hotels, restaurants and shops.
Please check www.weather.com
for up-to-date weather forecasts in the city that you are travelling to.
Germany's international pre-dial is +49 (0049). Public places like airports, universities, libraries, restaurants and cafés may offer "free" WiFi Hotspots.
Germany's standard time zone is UTC/GMT +1 hour.
Please check out the latest travel updates for COVID-19: Dresden and Leipzig/Halle Airports.